Soft, long Italian bread [or French baguette] – whole, not sliced.
– 5 Medium size Garlic cloves – finely minced [preferably use garlic presser]
– 1/ 8 teaspoon Oregano leaves [flakes]
– 1/ 8 teaspoon Thyme leaves [flakes]
– 1 Table-spoon Basil leaves [finely chopped]
– 1/ 8 teaspoon Red Chili flakes
– 2 Table-spoon butter
– 3 Table-spoon Olive oil
– 2 Table-spoon finely chopped Cilantro [optional]
Cut the bread into two long and equal halves – lengthwise [in the middle].
Soften butter if you are using butter sticks [do not melt it] and spread it all over the inner surface of both the parts of the cut bread.
In a small bowl, mix Olive oil, minced Garlic, Oregano, Thyme, Basil and Crushed Red Pepper flakes.
Mix the ingredients well, and then spread it over the inner surface of the cut breadSprinkle chopped cilantro over the bread spread [optional].
In an oven, broil prepared bread at 400F for about 4 minutes or till toasted.
You can broil it in a toaster oven as well.
Make sure that it is toasted brown, and not burnt.
Enjoy it with pasta, Scampi, and other Italian dishes.