1 lb medium size shrimp [30 to 32 count] – remove shell and diveine.
Thin spaghetti – enough for 4 people.
– 5 Medium size Garlic cloves – finely minced [preferably use garlic presser]
– 1/2 teaspoon Oregano leaves [flakes]
– 1/8 teaspoon Thyme leaves [flakes]
– 1 Table-spoon Basil [finely chopped]
– 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili flakes
– 1/4 teaspoon salt [or according to your taste]
– 2 Table-spoon Lemon juice [freshly squeezed].
– 3 Table-spoon butter [butter stick shows measure]
– 1/3 Cup Olive oil
– 1 small size tomato – sliced [preferably Roma tomato]
– 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro [optional].
Rub 1/4 teaspoon salt to the cleaned shrimp and set it aside.
Boil 5 quarts of water in a pot over medium high heat.
Add thin spaghetti to the boiling water and cook it for about 4 minutes or till tender.
You will need about 2/3 cup of water from this step for scampi.
Start heating a flat sauté pan over a medium high heat.
Immediately add olive oil, oregano, thyme, basil, red chili flakes to the pan, stir the contents well. Half a minute later, add sliced Romano tomato. Give a good stir.
Minute later add garlic and give a good stir.
Half a minute later add 2/3 cup of boiled spaghetti water from step #2. Stir the contents well.
Add butter, if you are using butter stick then stir it using spoon in a circular motion to
mix & melt it.
A minute later add lemon juice.
Give a good stir and mix the contents well.
Continue to heat the ingredients for another minute and then turn off the heat.
Garnish it with chopped cilantro.
Side dish: Garlic Bread